View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 04:33 AM
Edie

I pick out light, medium and dark. And then I go from there! If I make a sampler I make sure I have the three colors in each block, even though the blocks may not even match the other blocks. Light Medium and Dark. If I am going with a full pattern I use light medium and dark and pick out the colors that I want to make for myself or the person. If I have a piece of light fabric, patterned, I will pick a dark color from that - like light blue, I will use a dark blue for my dark. Solid is usually medium because I just don't like to mix up patterns that much. unless it is a Floating Star or something. Then I go by light, Medium and Dark whatever. People have complimented me (I am not bragging here) on the way I put colors together, so I just think to myself......."If you like it, someone else will like it also -----if it ain't broke, don't fix it." So I have my own style and you could put a whole bunch of my quilts on the floor with a bunch of other ones and you know which ones are mine. Sounds sort of dull doesn't it? But I just go to Quilter's Cache, pick out a 12" block and I am off to the races. Whatever comes out comes out. And if I am happy, I guess that's the most important - My quilt my rules? Well, back to my quilt that I am working on right now. Exactly like I just explained. Have a great day. Edie

PS - we are getting some good cold weather now. Had rain and sleet yesterday and 135 car accidents in the Twin Cities - I stayed in the house, thank you very much, plan on doing same today. Will fix me a pizza and watch the thermometer drop!!!!!!