Old 02-15-2015, 03:52 PM
VickiM

Great finishes ladies...Cindy, love the cloud fabric! I finally got mine done today, along with the L/E scrappies I worked on while doing it & BHMQ...so I actually got alot done, just took longer. I'm happy! I didn't just use my scraps for this ride, I used scraps from my daughter she gave me awhile back from a quilt she made. Thank goodness it's so busy, had to do alot of piecing to have enough. You can't even see the piecing, YEA! I still have a few of her scraps left. The closeup is the brown fabric from her. Also, I had some 2 1/2" fusion squares in my box...enough to put as middles for my stars. The outside of the stars was scraps from a really long time ago...like years! But, blended really well with the fusion. That's why you don't get rid of anything!!! The sashing was from another quilt I was going to use it for & decided against...worked perfectly for this one! So, I'm ready for #9. The 2 scrappy quilts (50x60 & 50x67) will be wedding presents for a friend's son getting married in May...they can use them in each of their recliners. One will have white/white binding, the other will have scrappy binding. Gotta get busy quilting some of these quilts!
Attached Thumbnails mysterytrain-8.jpg   mysterytrain-8-closeup-scraps.jpg   ufo-scraooy-1.jpg   ufo-scrappy-2.jpg  

Last edited by VickiM; 02-15-2015 at 04:07 PM.