View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 09:54 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx View Post
tami to defend myself my assumption is base on the fact that you said you had never done this.
I have not had to go looking for this setting on a 301 to date. I am far from clueless when it comes to the repair of these machines.

as to the term prying , I welcome you to show where I used that.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pry

v.
pried, pry•ing, v.t.
1. to move, raise, or open by leverage.
2. to obtain, extract, or separate with difficulty: to pry a secret out of someone.
n.
3. a tool, as a crowbar, for raising, moving, or opening something by leverage.
4. the leverage exerted.

I would clamp vise grips on the arm / tale up lever and just give it a slight pull up ward, aka rebend the arm
what works ever better to bend stuff like this is a piece of tubing slipped over the arm or like a deep well 1/4" socket with an extension as a handle
just get ahold of that area and tweak it down.

with that said your right I should have never injected a word here , my photo's and term go over your head. because two of you have broken your own try's at straighten an arm meaning IT Can'T Be Done .
No one said it couldn't be done, only that it shouldn't. It's really belittling an entire community though to be so presumptuous as to say that your comments go over everyone's head. Those of us who bother to try to decipher your atrocious spelling, grammar and punctuation are not inferior to you and I would guess that I'm not the only one who's offended by your implication of your higher intellect.

it;s not screw, it's a eccentric pin meaning it's like a cam on the arm end
Eccentric - Is an adjective. The item in question looks like a screw. Many people will understand "turn the screw" before they will understand the "eccentric pin needs adjustment". Yes, if I'd been thinking of nothing but sewing machines this evening, I would have realized it was a pin and not a screw but I had 5 minutes to look and see how this mechanism worked and then describe it so Sheri can fix her machine while taking a break from the other work I was doing. At the end of the day, my description was likely enough make it clear enough to see what needed to be done.