View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:08 PM
SassySewer53

Thanks, Bev. I cannot wait to get my Ellegante home. I got a good deal on the upgrades so it behaves just like Ellegante 2.

I watch Nancy on PBS every Saturday. Yes, I like her stuff. I am not a digitizer, so the tech side is really important to know in terms of design transfer. With this new machine, I should really like the USB capability, and plan to get a hub to plug in a mouse and CD drive. Have some design CDs I could not use with my old Esante because I have the Vista, with 64 bit OS that would not work with the converter box. Will be nice to get to use those finally.

My thing is vintage reproduction sewing. I costume antique reproduction dolls. The new machine is going to make this a breeze! I plan to make my own laces, insertions, etc. for making these costumes. I also like garment, crafting, and home dec sewing that I think this new Ellegante will handle very well. I am a handquilter, but look forward to the machine embroidery and quilting in the hoop.

Just got my ESE2 sold, so will be preparing to send it to the new owner this next week. It is an excellent machine, too. Just could not keep 2 embroidery machines.

Thanks for your email. Yes, I promise to send pics and keep my sewing buddies updated on my progress.

Take care, Ronda

Hi,

You will absolutely love your Elegante when you get it home, I have had mine for 8 months, it's the limited edition Elegante 2 that is signed by Nancy Zieman (impressive heh....LOL!). I sew, quilt, and embroider on it, does whatever I need to do and I love the features it has...especially the threading, so neat!
Be waiting to hear how you are doing with it!

Sure do love my Babylock machines!

Bev[/quote]