View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Dina

Originally Posted by Sharonquilts View Post
Dina, both pieces are gorgeous! I've tried to attach a pic of one from Pinterest I found in blues and beige that I want to make for our beach condo. Hope it works. My daughter says it makes her think of ocean waves and sand. I am a little concerned about matching all the seams so I need to make sure I'm consistent with my 1/4" piecing for sure! LOL

Thank you for sharing!
That will be beautiful, Sharon. Don't worry about the 1/4 inch piecing. You will do fine. A Bargello is much easier than it looks, in case you haven't done one before. Be sure to read all the instructions very carefully, and all will be good. If you haven't made one before, you might want to make one of the placemats at the back of the book. She writes the instructions there for a real beginner, and I made one just to figure out the organization of the whole thing. It helped me a lot. Plus, it's a cute placemat. Sort of wish I had made more.

Hmmmm, might have a picture of it somewhere. It is quick to put together and it sure left me feeling more confident about diving into the Surf Song.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001584.jpg