View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Friday1961

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
mme3924..love your "so many projects, so little time......" I am retired, too and I feel the same way. When I worked I seemed to find time to just sit still and enjoy but that doesn't happen now for sure! I grew up in Texas and later moved to NJ close to NYC and now I am in Illinois. I thought life would slow down here. LOL Goodness I am so glad I don't have to go to work anymore!!! Yard work is a couple of weeks away..we still have scattered piles of snow so I am using this time to finish as many quilts as I can before it is time to get to work outside. I did take a nice long walk this morning..how I love the fresh air! Back to work on my Sunflowers!
Once a Texan, always a Texan!

Before I retired, my already-retired friends and relatives said they didn't know how they had found time to work, they were so busy. Now I'm the same way. Not sure if we are really that busy or have slowed down that much!

We've had ice and snow and rain rain rain, with more to come apparently. I did no yard work yesterday and not much sewing, though I did finish the sashing on my little blocks, and am now squaring them up (the part I hate) and hope to get the rows sewn today.

Since yesterday was pi day, (3.14.15) I meant to make a pie (ha!), but never got around to it. I did clean, however, and awarded myself extra points for bathtub scrubbing! Today my grandson called, with no notice, and asked if I could take him to get an MRI on his knee, which he blew out on Friday. With such short notice I said no (the girlfriend will take him) but feel guilty! Grandsons come before nearly anything!

Happy sewing, luvstoquilt, and everyone!

Last edited by Friday1961; 03-15-2015 at 08:00 AM.