Old 03-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Patchesnposies

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
My pkg is on it's way.. I admit it's taken me longer to get to town to the post office more than anything.
Told dh I don't know when I got to be such an old fuddy duddy hermit. I could stay home for weeks and never go to town! Well except food is a necessity...lol.

We have no lakes or rivers around here to dye..closest lake is about an hour away. We've been in such a drought, not much there, either.

There is a town about 100 miles from me, Shamrock, Texas. Every year they have a big St. Patrick's Day Festival.
Our newspaper publishes pics and a write up on it every year. They have the "Miss Irish Rose" contest, the "Donegal" contest- the winner has the best Irish beard..lol..

Just for you, Lynnie Here's a pic of last years winners:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513889[/ATTACH]
Anyway, it's a big "to-do" around these parts..

Kif
Confession: It took this poster of the Donegal beard for me to realize that my mini-quilt swap from last month was all wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

I made what I thought was a valiant attempt to portray a leprechaun and I (hangs her head in shame) gave him (cringe) a MUSTACHE.

"Cut me t'roat and boil me in me own corned beef and cabbage.....fer the shame of t'all."

I shall make amends next year!