Old 03-18-2015, 08:52 AM
slbram17

Originally Posted by Mitty View Post
Joanne's always has some coupon on their website. Sometimes it's a percentage off one item, which sounds like it will work for you when you want to order your batting. I'm not sure if the single-item ones are good on sale items, because I don't use these and haven't paid that much attention to them. The one I see there now is for 30% off a regular priced item (some exclusions apply, like irons and sewing machines).

Sometimes the coupon is for a percentage off the whole order, including sale items. These are the ones I use, since it's not worth it for me to drive out there for one item, and it's not worth it to order one item online and pay for shipping. I think I've seen 10%, 15%, 20%, and 30%, but the 30% is rare. I've gotten some fabric for less than $3 a yard. Not nearly as nice as the LQS fabric, but it helped me build a small stash without spending thousands. Now that I'm not stash-building, I don't buy at Joanne's much.
I like the percent off total purchase coupons too. I mostly use for staples that I go through a lot of, like batting or muslin. This particular batting has really worked out for me, the price is right and no shipping, so to get the percent off in addition is a bonus.