View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 04:50 AM
Elisabrat

ok my big major mistake here: I posted pics from the web thinking they were public since they were put out to public viewing. I learned that they are priorty pictures of some sort and you cant post pictures just links so in the future I will be careful what I copy and paste. Lessons learned sigh. so I am sorry for this and they have been removed (darn it!).

I simply on mine for the sky cut the strips and sewed them together. when I got to the next block I just looked at what I had done and tried not to get the same color in the same area for the next strip. not hard to do at all. this way the same width and same color did not hit at the same time. I had cut tons of strips so it just involved grabbing the right one at the right time tada! the next was mixed teals for the water. I cute 2.5 inch pieces and did one row starting with a half square and the next a full square so no lines matched up. easy to sew together and then just sew strips together. that was super easy to do also. just a lot of work as with 2.5 inch squares it took 42 squares per block to sew together. that took a bit of time lol for slow poke like me! going to check out the strip piecing method mentioned with curves? that would be great for the sand that I want to do. if its truly as easy as said well here I come! but otherwise going for the wedge blocks done for the sand. love that one one too think it was posted here for sky examples by another quilter. love the ideas that everyone has. then I will get onto.. regular blocks with applique ideas for the beach. a row of buckets? a row of island flowers for sure! and so on. that will be the best finish to this quilt and well.. a test of my skills as an applique quilter! I can do it. just get the heebies when I have to do it lol.