View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 11:32 AM
whitepine

I guess I get pretty careless about posting pictures too. I think that because they're posted on Google images or Pinterest that it's OK to post them here. I really try to include credit and it's hard to figure out what's OK and what's not. How come Google can do it?

Anyway, I am enjoying the process of trying something new. It is different than following instructions, or a pattern, and I have no idea how it will turn out, but it's fun. And I am going to try that curvy method, maybe on water.

To answer a couple of questions, my mountains were paper pieced from a pattern from a shop hop. All my paper piecing is from patterns, not from my head. I'm no artist. And I did some ripping because I hadn't done it in a while and everything is backward, of course. And yes, that row is only 6" high because the mountains are supposed to be in the distance. The trees are next and they might be taller than the mountains. I like paper piecing because you don't have to worry about 1/4" seams. It is slow though.

Emma, the idea is the hardest part and it sounds like you already have that. What amazes me about some of the pictures on Google Images, etc., is that it only takes a suggestion of something and everybody know what it is.
I bought the Landscape Quilting book that you have, Linda, today from Connecting Threads. They are having a sale so I decided to go for it. I'll shut up now.