Old 03-23-2015, 06:01 AM
Patchesnposies

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
The baby goats are so very cute. I'll take the little black and white one. I'd name her cookies n cream. I've always wanted goats, but having to do their hooves scares me away. The package to my partner was delivered yesterday. Hope she likes it. I got some bad news today. The puppy I am getting lost his mommy. I guess the mama had eclampsia. They rushed her to the vet but they were unable to save her. Her nine puppies are only three weeks old. I do hope the puppies survive. I told the lady i would come and get my puppy and care for it. I raised two kitties and they did quite well. I'll keep you posted on how he is doing.
I am so sorry to hear about your puppy's mama! The babies got to be with mama for three weeks, right? They got that wonderfully healthy, anti-body giving colostrum and should do fine, though it will be time consuming. Goats milk makes a terrific substitute milk for orphaned pups and kittens, by the way. If you could get him and hand raise him that would be fantastic for both of you.

Keep us posted. (Saying a little prayer for a good outcome for all nine pups!)