View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Luci177

Default Kaffe Fasset Twister

Years ago, I was fascinated by Kaffe Fasset and began collecting fabric, with no particular design in mind. I made a couple of twister projects, using the smaller template. This was this first time I made a large twister, which starts with 10 inch squares. I bordered the twists with yellow fabric and added a pink flange, which did not quilt as well as I would have liked. The borders were improvised with bright pink and flower. The turquoise outer border was fabric I had fussy cut flowers for other projects. It was nice to see all of the flowers in this design. I pieced together all the leftovers and used them on the backing. The twisters have a windmill look to them, which adding the wildly swirls of the quilting, makes the whole thing look like it can take flight at any moment! I am always surprised at the places our quilting adventures take us. This quilt showed me "Tropical Winds" which is what I am going to call it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514951[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514952[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514953[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514954[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514955[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514956[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg