View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Dolphyngyrl

Also keep in mind the blockrockit is only 14 inches which is not as much room to quilt as a long arm. I agree with trying them out at a large show. I also agree about the baileys being more affordable and you get more space than the blockrockit, it is just a more basic machine, not fancy like others. There are also more ways to baste that are less harsh on the back. Sharon Schamber has a good method with boards that she does for thread basting, but others have used it for glue and spray basting methods if you are interested in the sit downs. For me I like long arms but I am also on my feet all day at work and have hip problems so in the long run a long arm where I stand all day is probably not going to ever be ideal for me healthwise. Those are also things you have to take into consideration. Space is also another consideration sit downs take up way less room than long arms. You can't make a large purchase based on other peoples views as each person is suited to different machines. For a large purchase you must test drive before buying otherwise you may end up with buyers remorse