View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 03:37 PM
manicmike

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
The whole machine is locked up tight, which won't be a problem but the zig zagger is also frozen. I'm thinking of removing it, to work on it off the machine, but nervous about really messing it up...lol
I'd be thinking twice about removing the ZZ mechanism, if it's anything like the 306 and 319. The yahoo group have the service manual in their files, which would be invaluable to you.
In my experience, the end plate is usually the cause of a locked up machine. Soak the oil in, little rocking here and there over a week or so and you should have her freed up.
Regarding the needles, the 306, 319 and 320s can all be easily modified to fit normal needles. A friend of mine wrote a good description of the modification to the bobbin case of the later models. http://andrewcaddle.com/wordpress/si...ndard-needles/ He modified one and tested it on his 306Ks and 320K at full speed with a standard 15x1 needle through eight layers of denim (it's all that would fit) and the needle did not strike the bobbin. It was also a very clean stitch.
My 206K10 is the industrial version and doesn't have a table, so it's been relegated to the back of the shed for the past year. When I get to it I'll be having a look to see if the cases are the same and if so it will be modified too.