View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 06:04 AM
Geri B

I use sewline glue stick...it is refillable..actually F&P glue stick and refills are the same.......the glue releases easily and does not leave a residue... Regarding thread basting.....you can baste either thru the paper or just the back, but make sure you secure the corners well....you can also not do any knots...just thread the needle with oh, say 6 needles....get a good length of thread with one of those needles...do a back stitch at the beginning, baste around..then back stitch at the end or leave a tail, cut, put that needle on a pincushion, reach for next needle and hex and repeat......or like I did on my previous GFG...I machine basted each rosette keeping that group together.....I did the freezer paper process with that one. As far as sewing together.....I don't whipstitch, but rather hold two side by side, catch a few threads on each one and sew together that way. I knot just before corners and once on center...just on case..and I find I don't see any thread on front that way...saw someone, somewhere on net do it that way.....like piecing one has to find what works best for them.....watch the tutes available and try until you find the best for you..

Btw...I have tried the way of doing hexies beginning with circles.....would work for mug rugs, tablerunners, coverlets......