View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:36 AM
grammatjr

I used fabric purchased out of town to make foundation pieced blocks. I didn’t notice until all was cut, and all but the last tiny bit was sewn – that I missed a corner! I didn’t have enough fabric to redo the piece.

I couldn’t find any matching fabric here in town, and couldn’t go out of town to get more. So, decided I would patch, but because it is batik, with a cloudy variety of shading across the fabric, I cannot completely hide the patch.

I had hoped that maybe the FMQ would seal the edge of the patch, and help disguise it. But, if I try that and it doesn’t work, I would have to rip out the FMQ to do the next option.

I thought of adding an appliqué to hide the patch. My DD (who I trust in all things fashion – style – etc, but who doesn’t quilt) thinks it will not be masculine enough for the soldier I am sending it to.

My thought was a cup of coffee and a “to do” list that shows the first thing on the day’s agenda is to pray for him. I am writing a long letter to him, and would explain that is how we start the day.

What other options do I have? What do you think about the appliqué?

Below is a sketch of the quilt. It really is made in different colors.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-39458.jpe