Thread: Singer 201 lamp
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Mrs. SewNSew

Default Singer 201 lamp

The 201 fixture was loose-y in the machine...not bad so I sorta forgot about it until last night when a friend was talking about her's being cracked and needing to be replaced. I did a quick search and found some info on the lamp and saw how it should have a screw at the back end of the fixture that engages the socket. Mine doesn't. Ok so that is why mine is a bit loose. Luckily I have another 201 in the hoard with the screw and was able to find a decent match in my parts bin.

So I brought the new screw in, flashlight in hand to happily pop it in and I see no threads inside. Instead there is what looks like felt. I had to dismantle the lamp to get in there and I find a small black felt circle with a hole in it that looks like a spool pin felt.

The question is, does it belong there or did someone poke it in there to hold the socket better since they lost the screw?

I could go tear the other lamp apart and see what it has but then I'd have TWO torn apart lamps! If anyone knows the answer off hand I would love to find out here and avoid more tear down.