View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 05:04 AM
Snooze2978

Yes, the Babylock sergers are expensive and I picked up one of their Evolves because of the air threading. Always had trouble getting the threading correct on my other one. I used to use it only to serge the cut edges of my fabrics before I washed them but now I don't wash my fabrics before I use it so that's out. I have my old serger threaded for the 3-thread stitch and I keep it for quick serging. I've also found out since I have it threaded correctly to just tie on the new color and pull it thru instead of fighting the threading. On the Evolve I have better luck with the threading but still tie and pull the new thread thru. As I hem pants for the gents in my congregation, after cutting them down to fit I'll serge the ends before I put a blind hem stitch to them. I'm pulling out all my UFOs of clothing projects I cut out some 4+ years ago and plan to get them done now that I figured out the serging and blind hem stitch on my machine. Decided these machines can make life so much easier for you if you use them to your advantage.