Thread: Hello from NC
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 12:07 PM
sandra from nc

Default Hello from NC

I just joined up too. I was searching for Dog paper piecing patterns and this site came up . I decided to join up.

I'm married and have one son in college. I work outside the home and my hobbies are reading, scrapbooking, card making and quilting. I also like working in my flower beds.

I'm fortunate to have a local quilting store...actually have several within an hour of me. My local one is 5 min away :-).

I have several quilting projects underway... with my LQS ... about to finish up a Christmas BOM, in the middle of a Stash Buster BOM, just started a Star BOM, and take classes as they interest me.
We finished up the Asteria BOM in February but I don't have it completely put together yet. It takes time and energy and I don't always have a lot of it - lol.

On my own, I'm working on some paper piecing projects for family Christmas presents. And just bought an Owl pattern to make for a baby quilt for my first great-niece/nephew that is on the way.

I have a small Juki quilting machine and only like to quilt small things with it. one of the LQS that is about 40 minutes from me has a long arm they rent. It's in my plans to take their class for using it next month and start quilting on it - I can't wait!!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here.