View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Rosyhf

I learned to sew at the ripe old age of 12. Later on in my teens I was sent to learn under a master seamstress and sewing became one of my professions at the time as I love it so much. I sewed professionally for many years. I got into the quilting world when a friend informed me that it wasn't templates or little pieces anymore but rulers and cutters etc lol. I took classes with a couple teaches and some national ones that came to Orlando. I immediately took issue (I didn't say anything) with the way the fabrics were cut across the grain. It just didn't make sense to me.

I was so intrigued with quilts and patterns and how you could put them together. I wanted to make every block that existed but learned there were at least 5000 of them lol. Nope, I don't do any of the things from my teachers in quilting, oh except Sharon Hultgren and her rulers and I like her learning book, I have them all.

I read a lot of the books and do learn things here and there and tricks and tips etc. but when it comes to the sewing and cutting. I do that the correct way......I am always willing to learn whatever is new.

Last edited by Rosyhf; 05-17-2015 at 06:32 PM.