Old 05-19-2015, 06:37 AM
ThayerRags

I think one of the reasons that this thread died out, was because at one point it had too many separate and vastly different conversations going on at the same time. Kind of like a large group of people in a small room, all talking at the same time about different things. It became difficult following a conversation, especially when you weren’t exactly sure which conversation a post was responding to. There were times when you had to skim through an entire page or two to get to the next post pertaining to the conversation of interest. Multiple threads help spread out the subjects a little, instead of everyone talking about everything in the same thread.

Another reason, at least for me, was that I couldn’t ever find a post back through the pages that I wanted to review. There were so many pages that I couldn’t ever find anything. I don’t know if it just my ignorance of how to use the multiple search boxes, or if they were added later. I remember others commenting that they couldn't find anything searching either. Back at that time, I only recall the one white search box up in the heading, and didn’t notice the “Search Forum” and “Search Thread” options down in the forum and thread headers like are here now. Were they always there, or have they been added? They sure make searching a lot easier.

Then finally, when rants about past members here got to going strong, it was just easier and more enjoyable reading to go find another thread to read than to skim through and try to ignore the rant.

CD in Oklahoma