View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Sheilz

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
What a beautiful way to commemorate a trip to Scotland! Hubby & I are planning to go there this fall -- to Edinburgh. I've traced my ancestors to 14th century Highlands, one of whom arrived in the colonies as a political prisoner in 1657. I won't have the time to hunt down more information, but I'm hoping for a glimpse of the area! Thanks for sharing the quilt & your personal history -- two of my favorite things!
You won't be disappointed. Edinburgh is a beautiful, fabulous city and the Highlands are glorious. If you have time its worth the trip. As someone mentioned, rain can be a bit of a pain but it can make the highland glens moody, romantic and atmospheric. Quite beautiful but when the sun shines they're awesome. At least in autumn the midges won't be such a problem. In spring and summer they are a nightmare - tiny but treacherous. No Ozzie mozzie is as evil as the midge! The best month to go to Edinburgh is August when the Festival is on and the military tattoo however accommodation and tickets need booking well in advance as there are literally hundreds of thousands of visitors there during that month. Hope you have a great time!