Old 05-25-2015, 06:05 AM
joanelizbay

Went to Joanns yesterday and was really disappointed. They have a LOT of fabric but nothing that caught my eye...
I did manage to get a 10 1/2 ruler at 40% off...was hunting for a border fabric to go with my disappearing hour glass 2 quilt I finished but its made of an Andover fabric layer cake and Joanns didn't have a single solid color that matched the blues or the "keys" color in the fabric. Went to a LQS and picked out a fabric I thought would match but got home and found out I spent $28 of a fabric that was too "bright" for my quilt..that will teach me to take a sample with me next time! . Would you believe I have NOTHING started right now? My last 2 UFO'S are at work waiting to be picked up by quilter...guess I could do the blocks from the last swap but don't know what to sash it in yet...had 2 year old all weekend so didn't get too much sewing done. I DID finish the 100 year old hand made Dresdren plate quilt for a friend, hand quilted. It was SO out of square it was horrible to try to get it done right but she loves it and has her grandmas quilt done...Just wanted to say Happy Memorial Day, remember all who gave their lifes for this country!