View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Sisty88

I did a gfg with 1 1/2" hexies which I finished last year. I hand quilted it using perle cotton and the big stitch method of hand quilting. Piecing the top took me several months and I quilted it in about a week. I think it looks much better than if I would have tied it, and I didn't want to machine quilt it after spending so much time piecing it by hand!

I also used the binding method shown on the badskirt blog, which means all the hexagons at the edge kept their shape. Let me see if I can get a photo of it to show how I quilted it!

So here you can see that I quilted the inside of each flower centre, then the inside of each flower(around the edge of the petals) and then also along the edge of the "path". All very simple quilting, but it truly makes me smile every time I look at it.

And the second photo shows the back, with the black hexagons used to finish the edges. I have one regret about how I did that part, as I used purple thread to attach the black hexagons (what was I thinking!?!?!) so it shows, but noone is likely to notice that apart from me!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521336[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]521337[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imag1657.jpg  

Last edited by Sisty88; 06-02-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Add photos