Old 06-10-2015, 12:11 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

If I were to drop out, the reason is not because we can't send gifts, but because restrictions are being placed on what we can and can't send... and now what we can and can't photograph. I am against further restrictions of any kind, including the photo restriction. Not only does this stiffle creativity but it also robs the joy right out of sending a swap package.

If someone made a special extra, like a needlecase, pincushion, mug warmer, coaster or whatever, it definitely deserves to be shown.

We are adults. We can decide what we want to make, send, and include in our photos! Every last detail does not need to be dictated.

Where were the "high end" gifts? I've been in this swap at least 6 months now and have yet to see anything I would consider 'high end'. I send used fiction books, quilting mags, fabric FQs from my stash, or squares from my stash, or little goodies I make. It doesn't take much to sweeten the pie. And I'm not going to stop doing it. I'd rather drop out.

As per your question Brat, I think you should just let people fend for themselves. Tell them you are not responsible for what people send, and let them work it out with their partners. Maybe this swap isn't for everyone, but if it gets stiffled by regulation it may end up with no one who feels comfortable here. I agree that it's unnecessary drama.