Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Dina

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I am not sure about Pfaff but I know you can't buy a Bernina service manual. If you open a Bernina, your warranty immediately becomes invalid. Do you ever rent him out Dina???
Funny, I promised early on not to rent my husband out, 47 years ago. I have had many friends who envied his ability to lay tile, repair plumbing, install garbage disposals, fix washing machines and dryers, etc. He is mine alone.

I think my machine is not under warranty anymore, have to check on that. I bought her 5 years ago. However, he didn't open her up...he gently used tweezers and tiny tools to reach inside to the threading slots and untangle lots of threads that seemed to have wrapped around this loop thing that is inside the top of the machine. He looked at the screws that hold it all together and decided not to mess with those...yet.

I have found some service manuals online, but can't find anything that says Expression 2.0. None of the other numbers on my owner's manual match what I have found either.

I will continue looking. I had a sewing machine once that I inherited from my grandmother. I took it in to get it repaired and was told that it was impossible. My husband repaired it that evening. That was 40 years ago.

Thanks for the chuckle about renting him out though.

Dina