Old 06-16-2015, 03:47 PM
CarolinePaj

Hi Guys,

I have just just been looking back through the thread and noticed the debate on whether to send goodies with the mug rugs and noticed that Linda asked for all our thoughts.... Well, here are mine....

I love these exchanges.... I enjoy getting to know each new partner....... I always send a few little extras (nothing major just some tea or hot chocolate, some fabric and I always try to send a little trinket that I have made). I, as with some of the others, would not like to be told what to send or what to post photographs of..... If my partner has sent just a mug rug or if she has sent extras.... I like to post pictures.

But, it should be noted that.... I DO NOT EXPECT ANY EXTRAS. I only expect my partner to honour the commitment we have all made.... A mug rug...... I do not think any less of my partner if I only receive a mug rug... I understand that we all have different circumstances and income. I DO NOT EXPECT anything else. Of course I appreciate any little extras, but I love the mug rugs and that is why I participate. I am sure it is the same for most of the people who do participate in this swap.

I totally enjoy my mug rugs.... I always place one on my dining room table and I rotate them so I can enjoy all the wonderful mug rugs I have been sent. I do not pass judgement on any aspect of the swap as I know my partner will have done their best in all aspects... Workmanship, timely posting, keeping in touch etc. NO QUILT POLICE OR JUDGEMENTS HERE.

Now, as somebody said earlier..... Let's pull on our big girl panties, enjoy the swap and just have fun!

Finally, the Uncle Sam mug rug is a hoot... I love him.

hugs

Caroline