View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 06:45 AM
huskyquilter

Thank you all so much for the support and advice! This board really is amazing! My friend is a guy, he met his wife almost the same time as I met my husband, so the 4 of us were pretty close before we moved. I picked a flannel that is plaid, yellow, blue, and orange, and went with the lightest weight quilters dream cotton (wow it's soft compared to hobbs!). It's a bright quilt for a man, but he's know for wearing these wild paisley dress shirts, so I thought it was fitting, plus who doesn't love some color in a treatment center? I pre-washed and dried the flannel yesterday, and got it sandwiched last night. The nice thing about the quilter's dream is that it allows quilting every 8 inches. It just so happens, the blocks are 8"! So I can SID and get the quilting done quickly (hopefully by tomorrow night), and get it sent out asap. The finished size will be 64 x 80 and I'll post a pic when done. If I have enough extra flannel, I'll add a pocket or two as well.

Any thoughts about what to include on the note? I want them to know it's okay to take to the treatment and use, wash, and abuse (for lack of a better word)... Mornigstar, is there something you usually enclose with your donation quilts?

When I wash it before I sent it to him, can I use detergent? To prewash the flannel, I used arm & hammer free and clear, no dyes, no fragrances, etc. Would that be alright?