View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Latrinka

Originally Posted by Mornigstar View Post
I sew for " Victoria's Quilts " that donate quilts to anyone diagnosed with cancer --will be 50,000 after the new year .this is in all Canada groups. Anyway we must use all cotton --top, batting and flannel backing. Our quilts are about 54 x 72 in size usually for adults.
I've donated to this one too! In fact, I requested one when my DH got cancer, they were so overloaded with requests, he passed in august, quilt came in december 2011. It stayed in one of my dresser drawers until just a couple months ago, I sent it and some quilt tops to them, I had never used it. I spoke with the lady that heads that program, Deborah Rogers, and she told me I could just send the tops if I wanted to and they would finish them. Not ignoring the OP, asked about note to include, I always liked the "What Cancer Cannot Do" Cancer is so limited.....It cannot cripple love, shatter hope, corrode faith, destroy peace, kill friendship, suppress memories, silence courage, invade the soul, steal eternal life, conquer the Spirit.