Thread: Retreat gifts
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 08:18 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Our Guild retreats 2x a year--of course not everyone goes, but we do have a great time. We get little "favors" at our machines when we go to the camp mess hall--it's so fun going back to your machine and finding a "pretty"! Some of the favorites over the last few years for me are: the pin cushion with a thread catcher attached to hang off the table (when my sis got this she jumped up and down like she'd won Publisher's Clearinghouse LOL), a little card wallet--using it this weekend at a quilt show--just big enough for an ID, a credit card, and little cash and fits into my pocket or zip pocket of my tote.), a little draw bag with my initial--it had few individually wrapped mints when we got it but I use it to put earrings in when we travel; a "measuring tap" ribbon lanyard that we put our camp lodge room keys on--got that this year and no one lost a key!, a mug with a fabric cover that had outside pockets--it sits on my cutting table and holds pens, rulers, marking pencils, my paper scissors (that way they are separate from my good sewing scissors), and a "snap" bag (the kind that has a top that snaps close using metal measuring tap to snap shut in the top) that is large enough to slip a tablet or eBook into. We've also had some darling pin cushions, but I typically re-gift those to our guild boutique at our show cause I use a magnetic pin holder--exception is the one with the attached thread catcher and a very small one that is inside a votive holder--my hand sewing needles go there.
And we also get 3-4 FQ on our pillow--amazing the different ways the committee comes up wit to fold them into shapes--one of my favorites was last fall--she used a brown or green FQ for a steam, wrapped it with scrap bat and then covered the ball with a couple of orange FQ and tied at the top with a length of twine--voila! A pumpkin!