Old 06-26-2015, 08:50 PM
quilt938

Christy - yes and it's been a long time coming to this. I don't expect i'll be able to make my way around to sewing on every machine but I want to focus on what works or make it work (which translates to if I can't figure it out in 5 min or less then off to the shop it goes ) and start looking for opportunities to thin out what I have more than 1 (or enough!) of and focus on what I want - unfortunately I can't seem to focus on 1 area but I want stuff that brings me pleasure not feel like I'm a hoarder waiting for the day to come when I can suddenly become great at fixing stuff. maybe that day will come but time-wise I dont have time for all I want to do or wish I could do so I need to focus.

tomorrow I add to the herd I hope to wak up after this night shift and run up to the other side of town and get my pink Atlas that's ready to go - paid for this one to be re-wired and spruced up so she sews and will be ready to go. also gonna look at a handcrank she's holding for me. not sure on the decals but hopefully I"ll be sure with my decision when I see her then I think I will be done on handcranks unless a bargain comes along (the one I already have and this one aren't what I call bargains but not bad considering they've been serviced and work and look pretty - at least the one I have now has nice decals..this other one has some rubbed off)

but I hope when I'm off after next week that I can actually sit down and sew on some I already have and enjoy them no fun having everything closed up in cabinets or stuck in closets.

andyou're right about being pressured- I was getting a lot of pressure in having too many and friends being critical of my purchases. took some of the pleasure away as well as the finance coach getting kinda lecture-y like the money could be better spent elsewhere..sigh...she freaked because in 2-3 months I had bought 5 machine...but I pointed out the last machine as like last October or November..sheesh not like a weekly addiction...