Old 06-27-2015, 04:08 AM
soman2

Default Thinning the herd

Janice and I are empty nesters as of 2 wks. ago. 2 empty bedrooms now and what to do, what to do?? I think I will reclaim the middle bedroom and convert it to a craft/hobby room. I moved a few items in and things looked good. I just finished and shipped a baby quilt to my cousin in Wenatchee, Wa. and Janice said that I need to put up some shelving to display my machines, Ssooooo,I fabricated some steel brackets and attached them to the wall with lag bolts and now have 12 machines(about 400 lb) on display. I am working on a floor plan to display a few of my machines that are in cabinets. I will have a space for my easel when I want to do any paintings. I am 71 and retired, 25 yrs. this month, from an aircraft crash/fire/rescue team and work part time for the last 23 yrs. as a purchasing agent at a local industrial firm. I am in remission with chest cancer and I had a small stroke about 3 yrs. ago. Janice is in remission with breast cancer. Collecting machines and using them is great therapy and I sometimes just look at them wondering what their story is. I have a 221 in the stable that was given to me by a friend and it was made 10/10/1948 and I have the complete history on ownership and is one of my favorite machines. Can anyone have too many machines? For me it looks like 24 is now the magic number and when it's my time to go, the kids should not have any problem disposing of the collection.

Soman2
The other Rodney