View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chrickett
I have the cardboard ready to be cut out the patterns, but the one for the gusset was a little bit hard for me, I saw the measurments, but could not just quite get the sides to come to the right amount. I guess my head is a little to thick, would be glad for some help on how to get it correct. PLEASE.
Have a great day.
The top of the gusset is 4 inches across (placed on a fold). When you draw the centre line down from that, make the line 4 and three quarters of an inch long. Then put the half inch line across the bottom, and when you join up the ends from the four inch line and the half inch line, it should be near enough 5 inches on each side. There is some leeway built into this so that there is plenty to tuck in under the box lining, and you can always make it longer, just be careful not to make it much shorter. Also don't forget not to sew the centre line all the way to the bottom, stop when you get to the last inch. If you stitch all the way, it will be bulky where you don't want any bulk, and won't lay quite so flat. Hope this helps.