View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Glenn

Default Let's talk about rust.

Here is some pics of a rust bucket 99 and what I do with it. Take the bobbin area apart soak in evaposrust this stood several days. Then all was brushed with a dremel and cupped brass brush. Did not do anything for the pitting put it is clean. Large areas of paint were missing on the bed and chips on the arm. Scraped all the loose paint sanded it bright and shinny and beveled the edges of the good paint. Primed and painted the be. The arm had fair decals so left them. Believe it or not the machines sews like a champ and is quiet considering the amount of rust. It took three weeks to free up the needle bar. Now I am working on making it pretty again touching up chips with paint. Will take me some time to smooth and polish but rust buckets can be made to sew again. This was the worst one I have seen and no I did not buy it a neighbor gave it to me. Next time someone wants to give me a machine I hope I am smart enough to refuse if it looks like this one.
Skip[ATTACH=CONFIG]526384[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]526387[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]526392[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]526393[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cent-singer-004.jpg   cent-singer-005.jpg   singer-99-004.jpg   singer-99-001.jpg