Old 08-20-2015, 07:24 AM
Betty J

Originally Posted by klarina View Post
Hello,

I have a neighbor selling his Brother PR600 Embroidery Machine.

I would like to know if $2,500 is a good price for it.

It has 15,000,000 approx stitch count and comes with all its hoops.

TIA.

I am guessing that this machine could be approx. 10 years old as I have a Brother PR620, which is 8 years old and the model after the PR600. My machine (in Australia) retailed for $11,999.00 when I purchased mine and I am sure I wouldn't get much more than what your neighbour is asking if I were to sell or trade it. I have more hours and stitch count on my machine and I have had it regularly serviced every year at $300.00 a service. Check with your neighbour if her machine has been regularly serviced and request that it be serviced if it has not been so recently before you purchase it. I think her asking price is a fair price but maybe check with a Brother dealer to get a more accurate going price for this model machine.

I checked my machine and to be exact I have 1078 hours and the stitch count is 32,287,779. From this I am guessing that your neighbours machine does not have too many hours on it. The way to check is go to the book symbol at the top left hand corner of the machine and this will bring up on the first page the number of stitches total and stitches since last service which is, this trip.

Hope this has been some help. Good luck if you purchase the machine.