View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Mrs. SewNSew

Default Little Gracie II

I found a great deal (I hope) on a quilting frame! I know, it's not a machine and I doubt it qualifies as vintage, but I will be using it with a vintage machine!

I'll have to put it together and post pics later. It's needing a couple replacement parts, plastic rails and tubing and a couple pieces for the part that pushes down the foot controller. It's a pretty simple design though so I am thinking I could make the missing parts and have it working.

It's a queen size with leg extensions and the carriage upgrade and all for 100.00 and a very LONG drive! I was planning to go Monday with hubby and the truck but had my eye on vintage machine I would be passing by on the way. I ended up taking my Honda, and had to really Tetris the thing to get it in my car lol! The gal with the sewing machine led me on as if we had a done deal and then totally changed her story at the last minute so I didn't come home with a machine but Craigslist people do that sometimes.

Still, I'm happy about the quilt frame. I can't wait to get it together enough to try some machines on it! Singer 15? Singer 201? Maybe a Pfaff?