View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 07:18 AM
quiltingcandy

Patrice is right - there are different Janomes out there and the low end model are very rarely sold by dealers because they don't have much of a profit margin than on the high end models. Janome knows there are people out there that will not walk into a dealer's shop because the customer doesn't think they can afford their machines. By getting them noticed and loved by selling in the Big Box stores they will attract those customers as their interests and financial situations improve. Very few people start at a dealer or buying top end machines.

When I was growing up there were Singer dealers all over the place, I think there are very few if any left. I remember seeing one not too long ago but was not able to check it out. Dealers are getting fewer and further apart, not because of the Big Box stores but because the sewing machine is not in every home like it used to be. We need those dealers so we can get our machines serviced.

My local dealer services any machine I have, no matter where I buy it. I hope that all of you have a great dealer like I do.