View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 07:03 AM
msleepingbeauty00

Default My newest baby, White 1514

Just wanted to share a pic of my newest machine! This is a White 1514 Japanese 15 clone. It has JC26 cast on the underside of the lip edge and JA35 printed there. It was pretty dirty on the backside from being stored, but I haven't used anything harsher than baby wipes to clean it up. It came from a downsizing garage sale -- I got there about 15 minutes after it started, was looking at it and considering the price tag ($25). The lady came over to me and said she was ready to just about give it away, would I take for $5. YES!! It has the bobbin and case, but no attachments. It turned stiffly, but oil in the right places really can be miraculous! My only issue has been the tension, it doesn't want ANY. I took apart the tension, which was slightly wrong (the nut was on too tight and needed a wrench to get off), but it was super clean. I have it back on with no tension dialed in, and it makes beautiful stitches! The belt was dry in a teardrop shape, so I used a universal belt I had, which is slightly too big (I have to start it by hand to get it to catch). Now I'm thinking about what I can make with it!

And I have to tell you what my daughter said (she's 4): Mommy, what does W H I T E spell? I tell her "white". Well that's a sily name for a blue sewing machine! Ha!
Attached Thumbnails img_20151028_094729.jpg   img_20151028_094740.jpg