View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 04:53 AM
grammasharon

I had the same problem and what helped me was I purchase unscented Best Press and pour it into a small hand held spray bottle that is travel size. Works well and doesn't get spray all over. I don't have a problem with their spray bottle for large pieces of fabric but just didn't like the spray getting all over everything either.

Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
I have never starched any of my fabric before cutting--even when I made the disappearing hourglass. But after reading many comments about stretching and bias cuts, I decided to do just that for my DD's Cascade quilt (http://www.robertkaufman.com/quiltin...scade/#color:1) using a tumbler template.

I am having a terrible time--not with stretching, but with breathing!! The worst was when I was actually spraying and ironing the fabric. After a short time my throat was sore and felt like I had a horrible cold. Now that I have begun sewing the strips, I can still feel it at the end of the afternoon but it is not as severe.

I have spray starched and cut about half the fabric. Do you think I should persevere and starch the rest or would it be okay to finish the project without starching the last of the fabric? BTW, I did not do heavy starching, just a light spray and press.