Old 11-17-2015, 07:21 AM
Leesewzany

Originally Posted by jeanne49 View Post
I haven't been posting much this year on anything on the board because I started seeing someone earlier this year and just recently I started working part time. I needed the part time job because I spend so much on postage with all the other online groups I belong to. My SS partner doesn't post much, in fact, I think she only posted once for this swap, but that's okay, see posted her likes and dislikes and that helps alot. I have several things to get at JoAnns this week and hopefully I will get another gift made this week. I only have Tuesday and Wednesday off this week, then I have to work Thurs. and Fri. during the day so I won't make it to the PO. I do have Sat. off, but good luck getting me out of bed in time to get there before it closes. So, hopefully I will be mailing out on Monday the 23rd.

As for the "part time" job, I wanted no more than 20 hours. I'm working at a grocery store and apparently the young people they hire think nothing of calling off on the weekends. Last week I had 33.5 hours, but that's because I did pick up 2 days because a young girl that actually trained with me just never showed up after working 2 weeks. This week they scheduled me 28 hours. Only because of the upcoming holidays I'll work these hours but after Christmas I have to cut back to 20 hours. I can't believe how tired I am, but it's nice having money coming in every week and I don't have to stress out over the cost of shipping my packages.
i work part time too. The 18-22 year old set definitely has not learned a work ethic yet. I put my foot down on my hours worked (15) because I have a two year old, but last week I asked for a raise because it ticks me off that I make the same amount as these lazy fools. I thought I would be fed some corporate baloney, but I got a "yes!" and a high five! I'm so proud of myself for speaking up!