Old 11-23-2015, 07:56 AM
nanna-up-north

Default The new shading for LBB #17 + border birds

Feline Fanatic said to post the bird when I decided how to shade it so here I am..... showing how I decided to add some life to the LBB's belly. I'll show the before picture and after picture.

Then, I finished up the center section and 1st swirl on all the borders, 4 of them. It's a start. Since the LBB was in the centers I thought I'd finish them up as close to the same as possible. The pics are of each border plus the fabric piece where I was experimenting with how I would do the LBB bellies.

And I know someone will ask so here's what I used. I used a burnished brown Inktense pencil to make the belly dots and edge coloring. Then, I used fabric medium with water to thin it down ..... half medium, half water. I used a small brush and smoothed the color into the fabric. After that dried, I used an Elmer's white paint pen to add some white streaks. That's what images from Google looked like to me.

So, I hope you all approve........ I'm happy with the outcome.
Attached Thumbnails lbb-17.jpg   lbb-17a.jpg   lbb-border-1.jpg   lbb-border-2.jpg   lbb-border-3.jpg  

lbb-border-4.jpg   lbb-bird-shading.jpg