View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 08:26 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by soblessed View Post
Trying to upgrade my machine. I am debating on the Janome 15000 or the Viking Designer Diamond Royale. Any thoughts or help please.
I so love my Diamond deluxe, I had the ruby before and loved it. Love the big hoops and how easy the machine is to use. Neither one of my Vikings have been picky on thread like so many complain about. Some times I may have to take the thread and put it on the table top behind the machine or something but it all works.

If I were too look at anything else it would be a babylock or brother. Love the scan and digitize features on the new machines. In my area I also love the support that I get from Tidewater sew n vac. My local viking dealer, which I had no problems driving almost an hour for classes to learn has turned out to be lots of promises but no follow thru. In about 6 yrs and two machines and tons of money on supplies and classes and retreats they still haven't followed thru with promises. The promises to make sure there would be classes that I could go to on my days off which are Thur thru Frid and then then I also bought the 5D Pro software and was promised again but in 6 yrs and me bugging them and them giving me false promises I quit going to their store for anything. I'd rather drive a couple of hours to Richmond to get things for my machine that deal with them. I bought my serger from Tidewater sew n vac and have had constant support and classes offered thru out the area on different days thru out the month.

the reason I bring up the store is you really need to have good support, which I thought I had but learned the hardway I didn't. Good luck on final decision and if you havent' checked them out and compared what all they do and the hoop sizes and features then do so before buying one.