View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 09:45 PM
quiltingbuddy

Originally Posted by meyert
you are very ambitious!! but it will be appreciated very much Last year I promised I would complete 1 quilt for Quilts for Kids each month. I accomplished that - yay! So I am setting the same goal for myself for 2016. I also have decided that I am going to do my first double wedding ring quilt.. this is a big undertaking for me. I am nervous but I will power through so I can give it to my nephew for a wedding gift in July
[QUOTE=Jakers1;7411689]I cut a lot of 2 1/2" squares for a GFG. I have a ton of them left, so I sew two together as a leader/ender. When I get 2, then I do 4, then 8, etc. When I get to 64, I add sashing and have a strip of blocks to sew another set of blocks to - eventually I will have a quilt made, hopefully this year.

I sure wish I understood this. I need to start using leaders/enders but don't have a clue where to start. Are you willing to pm me and explain it further? I know it would be a great way to use up some stash and get twice as much done. I'm still working so not as much gets done as I wish.

As for goals I am working on getting 18 total quilts finished for our church retreat house. I'd love to see quilts on each bed. So far i only have like 8 or 9.
And I'm working on my mom''s 80th birthday quilt which is in early April and also would like to finish the Christmas quilt where I won the ornament blocks. It's the cutest thing! I made it into a top but haven't decided if it's finished or needs more.

As for me, I've got a full house so whatever I can't live without (after I finish the ones in progress of course). So many quilts in my head, so little time. You know the deal lol.