Old 01-21-2010, 02:33 AM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I have been thinking ahead and what is beginning to bother me slightly is the problem of quilting this quilt. I had thought originally that I would hand quilt it in strips, then join in a quilt as you go method. Having seen the bulk of some of the seams, even though I am trying to iron them open as much as possible, I am having doubts about trying to hand quilt it. On the other hand, to machine quilt it would be stop/start all the time, and I also think that would be a pain. Has anyone else had thoughts on this knotty problem?
I'm glad someone else has bought it up.... I thought you guys would laugh if you knew I was already wondering about how to quilt this beast! lol

I machine quilt, so my thoughts have been more about how to manage the sheer size, as well as the style of quilting to do.

With the bulky seams for hand quilting, does it help if you block each one? Spray it with a water bottle and then pin it to size and iron it nice and flat. That would set your seams nice and flat, but you'd still have the bulk I guess.