View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 06:03 AM
RugosaB

Default How to hang on a steel door

After posting a pic of my Snowflake hanging on my metal front door, I received a question on how I hung it. In case anyone else would like to know, or has a better way to share, I'm telling my way here.

I put triangles in the top corners of the hanging. The snowflake is one that I could use any corner because it really doesn't have a 'top' so I put triangles in each corner.

My husband cut a small board as wide as the hanging ALMOST. It's a tiny bit shorter so that it fits snugly, but small enough to slide up.

I bought some magnets at the store Menards? Lowes? Home Depot? They're about 1 1/4 inch round

I also bought some 3M Command hangers with metal hooks, and with the sticky tab that you need to attach, and stuck one to each of 2 magnets.

When I make the hangings I make them a size that fits the boards so I just change them and don't have to cut new ones.

Then I hung both magnets on the door and the hooks hold the small board

Since there are 2 hooks it's easy to center it so it hangs straight

To the person that sent me a private message with the question - I can't figure out how to reply privately to a message I already read so I am hoping you see this. I can't even remember your name!! (sorry)
Attached Thumbnails image36.jpg   dsc04303.jpg   dsc04302.jpg   dsc04304.jpg   dsc04300.jpg  

Last edited by RugosaB; 01-04-2016 at 06:08 AM. Reason: needed to add apology