Old 01-15-2016, 06:20 AM
AnngelAnne

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Jane,
That's a beautiful pattern!

AnngelAnne,
I'm famous for putting stripes and directional fabrics in my quilts...especially on sashing and borders. I'll post some pics where I've done it. One trick I've found is I often cut along 1 stripe instead of cutting the exact width
It's actually worked out better a couple of times.

Tracey,
It was AnngelAnne who posted about not handling stripes, I love that you sent them!
I'm not afraid of them. But I am intimidated by fmq. No matter how much I say I'm just going to do it more often, I seem to revert back to outline quilting or hand quilting...lol.
I wonder why you haven't received your pkg...haven't heard from my other partner either...hmmm. hopefully y'all will get them today...

Regards all,
Kif
Well Kif, if I had not just gone thru my whole stash a few months ago, I would pick out all the stripes, and even suggestion of stripes I would box it up and send it to you. As it was I took it all out to goodwill and let them have at it. I give you kudos for working with them as I totally find them frustrating. But now that I have only a few (I think some grew back) I am sure I didn't miss them when sorting, not so overwhelming I will try to work with them a bit. Especially with your suggestion of trying to cut alone one strip. Thanks.