View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 09:43 AM
tropit

Smile

Here are the two quilts that I'm currently working on. I've got about 20 blocks done for the Asterisk quilt (top photo.) It's not that hard, but I do have to keep an eye on my seam allowance. It really requires an exact, 1/4" seam, with not much wiggle room. If my seam is too wide, then the seam allowances overlap in the back, creating more bulkiness. If I make them too narrow, then the stripes in the blocks won't match up very well. so far, I like the way it's coming out. Things aren't going to line up perfectly, but that the charm of this quilt. (Ha ha...that's the way I see it anyway.) I like putting the colors together and trying to find which ones really stand out.

The other quilt (bottom photo,) is a simple log cabin, but I'm not thrilled with it. It looks too simple. The logs are rather wide and so it doesn't look like a lot of work went into it. I'm thinking of jazzing it up with a piano key border. What do you all think? I tried to make it the colors of the ocean, since this is for a friend that lives by the sea.

Now...off to see what everyone else is doing.

~ Cindy
Attached Thumbnails asterisk-quilt-top.jpg   nobles-quilt-top.jpg