Thread: I'm stuck...
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 10:19 AM
kiffie2413

Default I'm stuck...

Okay my fellow awesome QB people,

I have numerous (as in lots) of quilt tops that I am determined to get quilted.
I'm a mostly self taught quilter, my Nanny (grandma) showed me basic piecing and quilting all by hand years ago. I have taken a few classes at my lqs, but they don't really address choosing the quilting design aspect.

I've purchased countless machine quilting books. Including fmq, quilting with your walking foot, numerous quilting design books. I've taken many Craftsy classes. My latest is Angela Waters Shape by Shape quilting. Great class and book, too. Matter of fact all of the books, blogs, tutorials, online classes are great.

But my evidently non-creative self can't get the hang of quilting. I sit and stare at my quit blocks and I waste so much time debating "How in the heck should I quilt this??". Contrasting or complementary thread? Design?? Etc..
I usually end up doing an outline quilt (not 1/4" away, as I like it closer. But not sid because I can't stay exactly in the ditch). Or I revert back to hand quilting. Which is fine, but I so want to get going with machine quilting. And I've got numerous tops begging, "Finish us, Kif...finish us...".
I usually quilt using my Janome or my Juki. I have a brand new Grace quilting frame, I debated using my PQ-1500 or Horizon with it. My sweet hubby put frame together, I never used it (red face).
Most likely I will sell the frame, and quilt without it.
I also purchased the quilt with rulers foot and ruler set for my Horizon. Again, haven't tried it yet. Yes, I sense the pattern here, too. The problem is ME.

Thanks for abiding my long post. And for sharing your ideas.
Regards,
Kif