View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 07:47 AM
kiffie2413

Okay I'm throwing caution to the wind (which is HOWLING out of the north at 40-50 mph sustained, gusting to 70+ mph today) and debating if I can sign up this month. My family's and my own health hasn't allowed me to sign up for some of my fave swaps in the last few months, but I'm slowly trying to ease back in.
My concern is I am one who usually likes to ask if my partner has any input, but doing that makes it where I can't start on the project until partners are assigned and in contact with each other. I know some have their mr made pretty quickly after the theme is given. Which I can see has its advantages. At least then you don't chance something coming up where you can't fulfill your obligation. I've not had that happen yet, and don't want it to if I can help it.

What's the consensus on making it and then finding out what your partner likes if you're one who likes to tuck in some extras? That way the mr is done, and if you choose you can still add in some somewhat personalized touches.
Which for me, I do. It's only a few cents more in postage, and if I share some of my "goodies" it helps me feel like I'm prolonging the producers of "Hoarding, Buried Alive" from knocking on my door.
I want to add I never expect extras, I'm always so excited just to see what my partner surprises me with on the monthly theme!

Klaws,
I had no idea the pineapple symbolized hospitality in colonial times. How interesting. If I do sign up, maybe my partner could be hospitable and send me a pineapple upside down cake...yummy!

Regards,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 03-23-2016 at 07:51 AM.