View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

You know Anna much as we all want our precious wall hangings to be loved sometimes there is just one that isn't our cup of tea. If you get one that you want to share with a friend or relative noone would be insulted. It is great to share with others!

when I first started swapping I had to ask myself it I could accept something that wasn't up to standard(poorly made) and if I got something I didn't like could I smile and say thank you. I decided I could. I can't say I've ever gotten anything that I totally disliked but I have gotten some that wouldn't have been my choice. I however have learned to love them (I think! LOL) and I love just knowing I am holding something my friend and swapper held a few short hours before I got it.

I know other swappers who share with family and friends when they get so many small quilts/wall hangings etc that they just don't have room for it all. or a family member loves a particular one etc.

If you ever get one you really don't care for I see no reason why you can't share it with someone who will appreciate it.

How do you all feel about this?
Is it hurtful to the maker if you share a wall hanging or small quilt you receive in a swap?

I had received some quilt blocks in a swap and they just laid on my shelf. I donated them to a charity group who takes orphan blocks and makes charity quilts.

You could also donate a wall hanging to a charity.